12.22.2008

The Christmas Tree Story

Last night I found out our Christmas tree is actually a shrub/bush shaped into a triangle.  It's been bone dry for a couple weeks now but it's still green, that was the first clue.  


I tried to save it.  After realizing that Trevor had plunked the tree into a big tub of water without removing the wooden stand that was nailed into it I went through this whole fiasco of sawing off the wood with an old rickety saw that turned out to be a metal saw.  I found this out when the saw actually broke mid trunk.  

So I borrowed a wood saw and was back to work.  The next speed bump was when I realized that the nail drivin up the trunk was 5 inches long and I was trying to saw through it, I guess the metal saw wasn't such a bad idea afterall.  

Once I had a fresh cut on the tree trunk (and many little cuts all over my hands, arms and legs from the tree poking me) I put the tree trunk into an icechest filled with water and rocks. 

Trevor and I happily and carefully decorated it, not wanting to get more scratches.  We enjoyed hot chocolate while we blasted our AC.  

The next day I came home from work to find it lying in the middle of the living room floor.  I guess we should have stuck to Trevor's plan and left the nail in it!  

Now our wonderful Christmas tree is propped in the corner of the living room without it's star treetopper.  Our first Christmas tree in Costa Rica was a great learning experience, needless to say, we'll do it differently next year.

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a process, clamity of errors!!! Good to hear from you and talk. Will see you in approx. a month.
    luvya

    ReplyDelete