12.10.2008

Talk about a good feeling

Today the woman who cleans our house, Anna, came into the office to say hello.  She is more like a member of our extended family, really, along with her two children, Nicole and Antony.  She came to see how I was feeling since I was a little under the weather yesterday and actually started crying saying that when Jodi (another American woman she cleans for) and I are sick or sad that she gets really sad.  She cares so much about her friends that she was crying for us!  Talk about a big heart!  I just thought it was really sweet and that it shows what great people Costa Ricans are.  

Another sweet moment from today was when my Costa Rican partner Sonia called me over to her desk to sit down.  She said, in Spainish, "You know those rice and beans that Anya (her cleaning lady) made that Trevor's eating?... Do you want some?"  It wasn't so much about the rice and beans as it was about the deal she made out of it.  Such wonderful women.

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful friends, you are lucky to have them. We thought about you and missed you as we shopped for maternity clothes today. So sorry we didn't make it back for a webcam moment - it took ALL day to get done. Next time I promise to sit your sister down in front of the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me see if I have this right? Trevor got R&B (no, not rhythm and blues) and you got none! Sonia picked up on it and did you right where others may have failed?
    Humh, I'll have to talk to that boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me see if I have this right? Trevor got R&B (no, not rhythm and blues) and you got none! Sonia picked up on it and did you right where others may have failed?
    Humh, I'll have to talk to that boy!

    ReplyDelete